Friday, April 22, 2011

School Days

As Kathryn is getting more and more excited about school being over soon and summer right around the corner, my thoughts of school are gearing up! We have decided to start homeschooling this coming school year! When I first began to feel the prompting of the Holy Spirit to think about homeschooling  I thought yeah right. Not because I just did not want to do it but because I let my mind go strait to the fact that I not only have my almost seven year old that I would be teaching but three other little ones 2 and under. I let me get in the way. But quickly all my thoughts were on homeschooling. I could not get it out of my head. So I began looking into it and looking at curriculum and talking with people who homeschool. We talked with Kathryn about what she thought about it. She was super excited! We talked about all the things that would be different and she said that she really wanted to do this. So, while she is enjoying her summer off, as we all will, I will be gearing up for this new part of our journey! IT is exciting!!!

1 comment:

  1. Me too! I've decided to homeschool Christian next year. He's been in a Christian school since pre-k, but I'm just not happy with it. I'm really nervous about homeschooling, but if you think about it, we moms homeschool from the very beginning! We teach our kids to talk and walk and feed themselves and care for themselves ... why not educate them too? There are so many more projects and fun things that kids can learn from while homeschooled. I'm going to a homeschool conference in June ... hopefully I'll learn some things there. Like I said, I'm nervous about it - mainly because there are so FEW homeschool resources and support groups here - but I'm excited too! Congrats to y'all! Maybe we can plan some fun field trips together! I'd love to come up there and do Ft. Discovery or the museums or something.

    ReplyDelete