Wednesday, November 17, 2010

Pregnancy/bed rest Update

Hello. I just wanted to put on here an update on the whole bedrest thing. I went to the dr Monday and good news: my cervix was still closed. He did a second swab test of my cervix to test for, fetal fibernectin, I believe that is right. The test is one that if it comes back negative you know you should have no concerns of going into labor for the next two weeks. If it comes back positive, you could go into labor or you could not. The negative result is pretty right on the positive does not help. Well, the first time they did it it was positive. He repeated it Monday and called yesterday to say it was positive again. So, with all of that being said I am still on bed rest! I am seeing him every week and he will repeat the test again in two weeks. The goal is to do everything I can to keep my cervix from changing until at least 34 weeks. So I have four more weeks to go to get there. After that we will just play it by ear and try to get me to the ultimate goal of 37 weeks. That way the baby will be full term. I go back Friday to turn in labs so they can see where my protein levels are. My bp was really bad with Sara Grace so they are keeping close tabs on it this time as you can imagine. Other than that I guess that is all for now.

1 comment:

  1. Girl, you have really had it rough with this pregnancy. Please take care of yourself and if you need something, just let me know. :o)

    ReplyDelete